Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!


    Today is my 34th birthday. Mike got me an awesome chocolate and cream cake from Publix, which we decided to start eating yesterday, since technically it was already my birthday at Taiwan time and my friends and family across the globe all wished me happy birthday already. I worked overtime yesterday so that I could take today off. In the past I always worked on my birthday if fell on a weekday, but this year I decided to do something different. I felt it was simply a better idea to give myself a day off to reflect on things in the past year and plan for the next year.
    I did promise myself to write a blog post, so here I am, writing.
    It gets very hot here in SC in the Summer, so I usually stay indoors for almost 6 months straight (from May through October) to hide from the heat. Imagine how excited I was to wake up and find it to be a gorgeous beautiful cool day with a nice breeze. I had some leftovers for lunch and went out for a short day trip to Drayton Hall Plantation.

   Well, that was pretty much my celebration for today. All of my friends are working today. I had a early birthday dinner last weekend with our friends April and Josh already, so it's just me by myself today, and I enjoyed walking the Drayton Hall tour with the tourists. I thought about what a wonderful year it has been... my jewelry business really took off, and I am starting to find the balance between my multiple artistic passions. I started doing home recordings of my piano playing, started a new blog in Chinese, and also built a new website. I have been performing locally with my piano ensemble group, and also started teaching the piano. It's not easy to juggle between jewelry making, music, reading and writing, but I'm getting better and better as time goes on.
    In the 34th year of my life,  I will make a small effort everyday to get closer to my dreams, and I will learn to love myself and be happy.

3 comments:

reanaclaire said...

Happy Birthday and wishing you many more healthy years to come!

Mu-Yin Molly Chen said...

thank you :D

Sylvia said...

Happy birthday! That cake looks amazing.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin