Monday, May 30, 2011

Quick and Fun (and no bake!) Dessert - Chocolate Coated Frozen Bananas

I recently discovered Magic Shell and quickly became addicted to it. Today I noticed some of the bananas I bought a while back were getting too ripe, but I wasn't in the mood to eat them, so I came up with this idea to make some frozen dessert for myself. It's so quick and easy and yummy I have to share the recipe!
The ingredients are very simple...
 
bananas - I used two, but you can always use more!
magic shell - if you prefer making your own, I also found a recipe for you here
nut toppings - walnuts, pecans, or almonds


And here are the steps...

1. lay a sheet of wax paper on a plate (this is to prevent bananas from sticking to the plate after they're frozen)
2. cut bananas into small chunks 
3. coat bananas with magic shell 
4. sprinkle nut toppings all over!
5. leave the bananas in the freezer for a few hours, until they're frozen, and then serve!


 This is a fun and easy recipe and will be great to make with kids. It's also a healthier alternative to ice cream. Hope you enjoy!


Blog Widget by LinkWithin