Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sunrise

As of today, I have been at our new house for almost a week, and so far everything is just perfect. I love everything in this house. I have enjoyed unpacking, which I do a little bit everyday. It's nice to have tons of storage space so I can keep everything organized. My new studio is slightly bigger(photos later when it's complete!), and I also have an extra closet outside of the studio to store extra supplies.  I have been sleeping better, eating better, and therefore have better energy. The house is very well ventilated and has a lot of natural light. I no longer need to use artificial lights when I work, which puts less strain on my eyes.

Speaking of sleeping better,  I have actually been sleeping less and getting up earlier since we moved here. Mike goes to bed before 11pm, so I try to go to bed at the same time.Two out of the five nights since we moved here, I slept through the night (which is very very rare for me, who has had sleep problems since being a child) and woke up feeling refreshed at 4.30am, so I just got up and started my day early. I got to take some photos of sunrise behind our house on both days. The picture above was from this morning, before 6am.

This next photo is a little later, probably around 7am.

It was very foggy this moring. You may still remember this lake view from my last post..

I really, really love fog. It reminds me of my school days in England, and the little lake behind our house reminds me of The Lake District.

The other day when I got up at 4.30am, there was actually a beautiful sunrise that turned the whole sky orange like it was on fire..

and this is about 7am, when the sun actually rose..

I plan to get up early more often from now on, so I could enjoy more daylight. :)

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Lovely sunrise photos, the one with fog is great. I agree...I've also had issues with sleeping since childhood and wake up very frequently throughout the night. I find that I usually need a lot more sleep than most. But, I too recently have been trying to regulate my schedule more, we usually go to bed around 10-11 and wake at 7 and it's been so much better, just to be on a usual schedule. Your body does sync up.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin