Friday, July 16, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday, Ying!

My niece Ying just turned 1 year old today(Taiwan time)!! Happy birthday, Ying! You are our family's sweetest little angel!

My family gathered together to celebrate her birthday.Since I was unable to be there, I shipped her birthday presents to Taiwan.They included some clothes, two little pearl bracelets, and a handmade card that actually took much longer to make than the bracelets!

I was excited to be able to use these 3D flower stickers(haha, I didn't make them :P) that I got a long time ago.The papercutting is the time consuming part -- and my craft knive breaking didn't help either.

After I made the envelope, I decided to carve two heart shape to reveal the yellow card. I loved how it turned out!

The birthday gift from my parents was a portrait of Ying done by my mom. My dad did the Chinese calligraphy that says "Ying Checking Out the Novel World Through Her Beautiful Eyes." I wasn't able to find the original picture, but this portrait looked just like her!

The last time I saw Ying (February), she was just learning to sit and eat from a spoon, and now she is standing already.Hopefully when I see her next time, she will be able to say the words "aunt Mollie" :D

2 comments:

Heidi Jane Blankets said...

OMG she is beautiful!

mu-yin jewelry said...

she is! I'm a proud auntie :D

Blog Widget by LinkWithin