Wednesday, November 25, 2009

New Arrival -- "From the Bottom of My Heart" Family Birthstone Necklace

This post is actually for a few new arrivals.I think it would be fun to do a quick post on how my designs evolve.

I have been working on a new heart framed family birthstone necklace for a long long time.Sinec I specialize in wire wrapped jewelry and no solder is used, I have to hand sculpt the "frames" using heavy gauged wires, and sometimes use fine wire to connect any "loose" part.

In 2008, I created a heart necklace for Valentine's Day, which you can see from the picture above. The opening of the heart shape was secured with fine wire, and at the bottom of the heart are three tiny ruby stones.It's actually a very pretty design, but somehow it did not match my ideal of "the perfect heart necklace".

But it finally happened this week, after I made this You Are Lovely necklace --

handmade heart frame necklace

I have no idea why it took me so long to come up with this simple design.I also made some matching stud earrings --

heart stud earrings

Well, the beautiful part about this design is how I can attach birthstones to the pendant. This will be an early Valentine's design.This time I have used garnet instead of ruby, and called named this lover's necklace "Cupid's Arrow".My favorite part is that the stones actually roll on the wire, and the transluscent color of garnet looks like two tiny blood drops.At 5/7", it's also a little smaller than the original From the Bottom of My Heart design(about 1").

mothers grandmothers valentines family birthstone necklace

Most of my other family birthstone jewelry started as single gemstone jewelry; and then became a custom design as soon as a customer requested to have it made with their birthstones.When I get some custom requests for this design, it will be listed as a new piece under "From the Bottom of My Heart" again.

This design will fit up to 4 birthstones.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin