Monday, October 12, 2009

Website Update

I spent the whole weekend working on the shopping cart of my website. I finally figured out how to change the banner and the left side boxes from a darker smoky color to a lighter gray.I really like the original darker background, but since the shopping cart is going to be connected to my home page, I think whe whole site will look more consistent if the shopping cart has a brighter background/banner.

Nothing is final yet.I'm still learning this complicated zen cart at a super slow pace.It has been an amazing learning experience for me and I am really proud of myself for figuring this whole thing out.

Here's the product page.Not sure if you can see a little "test" that I'm doing -- the price of the ring sizer is marked down.

I am really excited that there are so many cool things I can do on this site.I believe it is much more user friendly for my customers.If you move the mouse over an image, it automatically zooms in.I think that's pretty cool.

and here's the product page.There's is a "prev", "listing" and "next" button for easy browsing other products.

Almost all listings will have custom order options for different metal(bright sterling silver,oxidized sterling, 14K gold filled, and sometimes 14k solid gold) and sizing.It's probably going to take me a long time to upload the products,but after everything is done it will be a shop dedicated to fully customized jewelry. :)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin