Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Pray for Taiwan -- Typhoon Morakot


Some of you may have read about the typhoon that struck Taiwan on August 8th (Typhoon Morakot). This was the most serious typhoon in the past 50 years. I was not home to witness the flood, but watching the videos about Morakot alone is heartbreaking enough for me. I remember as a child I used to get excited when a serious typhoon hit and we didn't have to go to school. As an adult I see things differently. Being a small business owner myself, it really saddens me to see farmers losing their crops to the flood brought by Morakot. Tens of thousands of pigs and chickens died. Costs of food, especially vegetables, increased dramatically (just to give you an idea -- as of today, prices of cucumbers are up by 600%).
And we haven't even mentioned about those who lost their homes or even lives.

If you would like to help Taiwanese people rebuild our country, you can donate your money to one of our largest charity organizations Tzu Chi Foundation. We appreciate your generosity.
If you cannot make any donation but would like to help, you can also pray for Taiwan...

2 comments:

Meghann LittleStudio said...

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by this horrible disaster. I hope they are able to recover quickly.

Nancy said...

Wow, that's so devastating. I will keep them in my thoughts.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin