Sunday, June 28, 2009

One Birthday, Two Cakes

I turned 31 yesterday.Even though we don't usually celebrate birthdays in my family,it was a good excuse to have a family dinner and buy a cake while I was in Taiwan, so my mom decided we would celebrate my birthday a week earlier, just the night before I came back to the US.I love cakes.The last time I had a birthday cake was almost 10 years ago, when I was in England (I could be wrong, but I remember I actually made the cake myself that time).
My friend Wanda(sitting next to me) came to say good bye to me and joined our family dinner and birthday celebration. As you can see, my cake was actually a "combination pie" that I picked at a bakery. It looked sorta funny, but I liked how I got to try a little bit of every flavor.
My bad habit is to try out the food when everyone is busy doing something else, but my little brother caught me tasting the whipped cream and took this snap shot....
I sure do look happy in this picture. :)

On my actual birthday(yesterday), I went to a local seafood restaurant(The Crab House) Michael and his father.
After the lunch,the waiters and waitresses talked towards us clapping and singing a birthday song.I thought someone else in the restaurant was having a birthday, because we "apparently didn't order a cake". It turned out to be a surprise from Michael.

Here's my key lime pie--
and a birthday photo --
I'm not so thrilled about getting older, but I did have some good time this year. And I do hope my birthday wishes will come true!

3 comments:

WillowWalker said...

Happy Birthday!

Meghann LittleStudio said...

Happy birthday, how nice to celebrate it twice with your favorite people :)
And you look fabulous for 31, btw, you don't look a day over a gorgeous 25 :)

Joyce said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! May all your wishes come true!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin