Thursday, June 4, 2009

Home Sweet Home

dining area,the kitchen and the door to the very green back porch

Finally, after spending over 24 hours in the airports and on the airplane,I arrived home in Hsin-Chu, Taiwan around midnight last night.There's not many places I can go (or want to go) today because it's been raining hard all day long.It's a perfect day to blog tho.I never shared pictures of my home because I grew up in an "abnormal" home.By "abnormal" I mean serious, and you'll see why by taking a quick look at the following pictures...


These are just a few corners of my home.We have books in EVERY corner of our home -- my dad literally flooded this small condo with books.If you are not amazed yet, you should know you only saw a friction of his book collection(He must have hundreds of thousands of books). It's very hard not to become a serious person like me growing up under this environment.

The following picture shows a few paintings I did in high school.My mom has displayed them on the bookshelf along with the books.. If you have been following my blog for a while, you may still remember the post when I talked about my artistic mother. She has been taking watercolor classes and will have an exhibition at her friend's gallery next year.I checked out her watercolor paintings last night and was amazed how much her skills have improved.She framed a few of her paintings and put them up on the wall.Here are two of them...

My mom has been feeding me like every three hours since last night (I had dumplings at midnight last night!) I hope I don't gain too much weight here.But it's dinner time now, and I'm hungry, so I'll update again in a few days with more pictures of Taiwan :)
mollie xo

8 comments:

Meghann said...

I am SO jealous of all the books!! I love books on just about every subject, how lucky you were to have a family that loves reading! My mom is big into books, but I am the bibliophile of the family - I have to get a new bookshelf about once per year, lol.
Your old paintings are gorgeous! I love the girl in the pink dress - and your mom also has such talent! I love that last painting, so beautiful you could step right into it and breath in the cherry blossoms (I think that is what they are anyway). Have a great visit, and eat some great food for me - home cooked food, I am SO jealous of you :)

by Patricia Wood said...

Love your home in Taiwan:) Enjoy your stay!

Meekiyu said...

Mmm dumplings.. enjoy you stay in Taiwan! Whoa that's so many books o_o... love the intimate glimpse into your home and life. =D

Duni said...

Wow, those are A LOT of books. I love books myself, but I've never actually seen that many outside a library!

布靈奇 said...

This is a lovely and scholarly home, Mu!

BadGal Says said...

woww.. nice library. and I thought I had alot of books. that trumps mine.

beautiful home Molly. make sure to post lots of pics. btw, which airline did you fly ?

PapillonJewelry said...

Thanks for sharing pictures of your house with us and letting us get to know you better that way! Lovely Highschool paintings, and you must be really proud of your parents :)

- Marybeth I. said...

this is a weird question but what is the green / patina color on your walls? I LOVE that color!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin