Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Back in Charleston

Hello America, I’m back! And I’m all ready to work after my 3-week vacation plus business trip to Taiwan and Hong Kong. I can’t wait to share a few exciting posts with you in the coming weeks, including a recipe for Chinese dumplings, my trip to the beautiful south and east Taiwan, and some travelling tips in Hong Kong.

Despite the long layover, my flight back to the US was one of the best flights I have ever had. I had to transfer twice, with the second flight being the longest, and also overnight, flight (about 13 hours). If you have taken an overnight flight, you probably already know how uncomfortable it can be – you need to train yourself to sleep in those small seats for at least a few hours or you can arrive another country all jet-lagged.
I was lucky this time -- only ¼ of the seats were taken on this flight!
I was not the only one excited by what I saw. As soon as the fasten-seat-belt sign was turned off, many passengers started moving around and picking their favorite row of seats. After dinner, everyone made themselves comfortable and fell asleep.
My flight to Taiwan three weeks ago was exhausting because I couldn’t sleep among the crowd, but this time I had 3 pillows, 4 blankets and 3 seats all to myself (ALL MINE!) , so it’s not hard to make myself comfortable. I slept so well that I even missed the midnight snack (which never happened to me before). When I woke up, I saw a piece of carrot cake the flight attendant left on my table. What a sweet surprise.

2 comments:

Meghann said...

Welcome back! I'm so glad you had a great time and were able to sleep on the plane :)
We've all missed you and can't wait to see what you've got in store next!

Nancy said...

Wow, that's a wonderful surprise then! Glad you had a great flight!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin