Wednesday, May 6, 2009

New Arrival--"Romance" Pink Tourmaline Wire Wrapped Necklace


This necklace was actually completed a few weeks ago, but I haven't got time to photograph and list it.It's now finally available in my Etsy shop! I also used it to test the new light box I just made using Annie Howes' tutorial. It was not as easy to use as I thought, actually, but after some trials and errors and adjustments of camera settings I did get some decent photos with the light box.The photo above was taken under natural day light(cloudy, unfortunately), and the one below was taken in the light box.Both pictures were then edited with my favorite Picasa. As you can see, I'm also starting to play with photo props now, and I think I'll continue to do this at least for more intricate designs.
Picture below is size reference(taken under natural day light)--the pendant is actually pretty petite.I've never used this coiling technique so extensively and in such a small scale.It's pretty labor consuming, but also a very enjoyable process.It appears to me this pendant looks prettier against pink(below) then green(above) background.What do you think?

11 comments:

Nancy said...

The photos look beautiful and the necklace is so lovely!

thehangingflower said...

A very beautiful necklace!

Leslie said...

That is gorgious!

Daisy said...

That's really pretty!

Bonhomie Jewelry said...

Beautiful work! I might just be me but I like the pendant against the green - the contrast really makes the pink color variations stand out and "pop"!

Leslie said...

That is so beautiful!

Duni said...

Gorgeous!

Three Fates said...

Beautiful!!!

CraftyDragon said...

That is gorgeous! Great work!

June Shin said...

The necklace is beautiful! I've been playing around with photo props as well, and I just think it makes the pictures more interesting. It's also fun!

Delia Adriana said...

This is an insanely beautiful necklace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (yes I'm running through your blog cuz I feel so left out) <3

Blog Widget by LinkWithin