Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Sample Request from ELLE


Last winter I was contacted by the editor of Venus Zine about featuring my ring in their Spring issue, and I was disappointed to find out not long ago that for some reason I didn't know they decided not to. Because of this incident, I hesitated for a while before doing this quick post.

But I just can't help it.I have to share this with you because it was a pretty exciting day for me.I received a convo from Elle magazine this morning.They wanted some samples of my safety pin earrings for a photo shoot this week.I was told they needed the earrings for their July cover shoot inspired by London's 80s punk fashion, and they needed the earrings in New York by tomorrow! (I am going to try to pretend that I didn't scream after I read the email) I quickly made the samples they wanted, and shipped them out this afternoon(Elle paid for shipping).

Ok, so basically this is all I know, and, yes, I did refrain myself from asking if that means my earrings will be on their July cover (I did good!). But even without knowing their ultimate decision, being contacted by Elle alone already made me very happy. I feel recognized, whatever that means. (Oh yes, just because I was rejected by Trunk doesn't mean New York won't like my jewelry).

I was very excited to know my earrings will be seeing the fashion world and I wish I could be there. :)

7 comments:

ching said...

WOW WOW WOW.!!!

congratulations! go do the Happy SCREAM!! hahah... WOW!

I am so happy for you! Great!

haha dunno how to express my feelings.! congratulations! well done!

cheers!
~ ching

Izile said...

Huge congrats!!

mu-yin jewelry said...

guess my jewelry os officially "punk" now! :D
(....hmmm, that felt kinda weird when I said that...)

SolSisters said...

That's smashing! congrats!

ClinkscalesArts said...

Congratulations! What an excellent opportunity!

Storm, The Psychotic Housewife said...

oooh congrats! I'll keep my fingers crossed that I get to see them on the cover!

J. Leigh Designz said...

That is awesome! I hope it works to the best!!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin