Friday, January 2, 2009

this and that and my New Year Resolution

My friend June left this morning after a 9 day visit, so I'm finally back to my work schedule and blogging routine.I was very tired today and probably didn't work as much as I should have, but I want to seize the chance to write something at the very beginning of 2009.

First of all, I would like to say thank you to
-my parents
-my dear friends
-my sweet customers
-Abby of
The (gradually) Shrinking Violet and Duni of lovelypurses ,who gave my blog the Lemonade Award
-my Top 10 Entrecard Droppers of the month(people who visited my blog regularly in the past month)--
Unique You
Ruth's Creations
time2cre8
Three Fates Design - Beaded Jewelry
Wonderful Things in LIfe
Warcraft Blog
cheapdanny
nuke it dot org
Fire and Glass-Sweetwater Designs
Buy-Tees.net T-Shirts



Then, a little on June's visit.
June and I have been friends since high school.After I went to England for my Bachelors 10 years ago(I can't believe it's been that long, but yes, that's how long I've been away from home) we rarely saw each other. Last year, she came to the States after getting a job in Pennsylvania to teach Chinease, and we've been talking about visiting each other.Since the school was off during X'mas,she decided to visit me in Charleston.
We visited the historic downtown Charleston, and also paid Myrtle Beach a visit.I had never been to Myrtle Beach and thought it would be nice to avoid the tourist traffic since it's winter.Well, it was certainly nice and quiet, but half of the shops were closed too and the town was almost dead.
Here's a picture of June and me at the beach--

We didn't go anywhere on New Years Eve. Instead, we stayed at home and made creme brulee and some soy candles.I torched the top of creme brulee using my micro jewelry torch, hehe--

Last night, we made jewelry together.She brought her little tools and glass beads with her, and I gave her a short jewelry lesson.Notice my signature peachy nest pearl ring on her finger(which is a small size 4!)--


and here are two finished necklaces--

June loves travel and food and constantly wanted to go to different places, but I was very tired half of the time and must have disappointed her.I was just glad to see her again after four years of being apart. She has a very cute blog.It's all in Chinese, but has tons of pictures of this little traveller.
Finally, my New Year resolution...
-make more money: my website has been doing alright in the past year, but I would like to expand my market in 2009 and hopefully get a house this year or next year.
-polish my English: even though English is not my first language, I have hope that one day I will be able to express myself fully in English, and I know this requires a lot of work.
-picking up piano playing again: I stopped playing the piano after I started working a few years ago.During this time, a lot of things happened and a lot of thoughts went through my mind and I purposely avoided touching the piano. However, that does not mean I have forgot who I am --once a musician, always a musician.
What's your New Year resolution?


4 comments:

ching said...

happy new year! Mu-Yin.

my new year resolution is to wake up early everyday.. so that I could earn every minute of my life! hahah..

cheers!

bikudesigns said...

Mine is to organise my work life and my new etsy business. Also, to keep up with my new blog, twitter and drop entrecards... How can I manage to do all that with a full time job?! :-)

Duni said...

thanks for the linklove, Mu Yin!
My priority for 2009 is to get my own website up and running, and I promised myself to exercise more! I had formal piano training, but gave it up at 18...now it just seems too daunting to pick up again!
Have a great New Year and hope all your plans come to fruition!

Duni

http://lovelypurses.blogspot.com

mu-yin jewelry said...

hello Duni! I've been thinking about getting my own website in the past few months as well but still have the concern about whether I can drive enough traffic to it and it so how much it will cost me..really tough decision.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin