Monday, January 5, 2009

oops...I did it again


Today, when I was about to make a Vintage Flower ring sold a few days ago, I realized I had forgotten how to make it again--well, sort of.
I came up with this design a few months ago using different colored pearls I acquired in Hong Kong.There were some trials and errors before I came to a satisfactory prototype.I proudly listed it right away and sold my first one two days later.When I tried to duplicate the prototype(the customer requested a different size, of course), it all felt like new to me again already.I actually failed making it on my first try, leaving a big mess on my my little work bench.Good for me, after wasting some wire, I figured out how to make it, and was smart enough to write down some quick instructions for myself.
When the same ring was sold again this time, I was pretty confident about reproducing it. I opened my little instructions, only to find they were not clear enough--the notes told me how long the wire should be and how to start making the ring, but they didn't tell me how to finish the ring...
You bet I won't be a very good jewelry instructor.That's probably why I'm not selling tutorials..



p.s.I did finish the ring eventually.

7 comments:

LoopsDesigns - Sarah Dible said...

Beautiful work!

mu-yin jewelry said...

thanks!I love yours too!(added your shop to my favorite quite a while ago already)

ARTISANNE said...

Your rings are lovely! :0)

mu-yin jewelry said...

thank you :)

feefifoto said...

I have the same problem trying to remember how to make lasagna.

Leah said...

It's a beautiful ring :)

Dori said...

Oh gosh, I FEEL for you!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin