Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ordering Supplies

My shop has been very busy recently.I am glad my hard work during the slow months(Aug~Oct) finally paid off.Today I spend the morning and afternoon filling orders, and the whole night ordering supplies.I hate ordering supplies because I'm the kind of shoppers who always wander around picking up unnecessary stuff just because it's cheap, and end up spending too much money.

The mess in my studio gets worse and worse as my business grows and a lot of the time I find myself spending hours searching for certain supplies.Two months ago I had to order some extra wire at the last minute just because I couldn't remember where I stored the rest of my wire inventory--I KNEW I had the wire, and I KNEW it was less than 10 feet away from me, BUT I JUST COULDN"T FIND IT!!!! Therefor, today, before ordering suppliers, I finally sat down and figured out how much wire I had and what I needed to order.

Ordering supplies is really a huge pain, but it's always exciting to open the package when my supplies arrive at the door.I would quickly bring the box into my studio, open the big boxwith excitement like a kid opening X'mas gifts, examine everything in the box, and leave most of the supplies on the floor (right at where I opened the box) for at least a week before I put them up where they belong.

No wonder I couldn't find my wire...

4 comments:

Beadsme said...

I wish I was that busy but I know what you mean about ordering supplies. You just cannot resist that little item on sale. My last big order must have sat in the box, with me pulling bits out now and then to use, for about 2 weeks before I thought I had better cost everything (boring!).

mu-yin jewelry said...

I'm not sure why I leave my supplies on the floor..Is this also like a child's habit--speading all their toys all over the floor to remind themselves what they have and love?

Beadsme said...

LOL. If you spread everything all over the floor you can see all your goodies at once.

mu-yin jewelry said...

you're right!I want to see them at once!How come I didn't even realize that before? LOL

Blog Widget by LinkWithin