Wednesday, October 22, 2008

recovering..

After more than a week of medication and rest,I'm finally coming back to myself graduatlly.The doctor didn't seem to know what caused my illness.It appeared to her that my skin "somehow" broke out and got infected and the infection caused the fever.The fever went away with the steroid shot I was given, but my skin infection didn't go away so easily.I had scabs all over my face and neck and couldn't shower for a week.I could only eat very bland food, and I had to eat very slowly.I felt tired all the time for no apparent reason and my head ached day and night for over a week.
The whole illness was like a mystery to me, but throughout this time I felt amazingly peaceful and grateful inside.It was like being in a deep dark hole but knowing I would be out of it very soon at the same time.I couldn't do much because I was physically still very tired,so I just let myself rest like nothing matters anymore(my Etsy shop was also very slow so I did get to complete orders in time).I am very glad this was the most serious illness I have ever experienced in my life, and it only lasted less than two weeks.I am very glad that even though I looked like a "snake girl"(darn -- my whole face was like a huge scab) for a while, it is not permanant.
Anyway, I'm recovering now, and I am very grateful.

3 comments:

Meekiyu said...

wow..glad you're feeling better... that is one mysterious illness.. well yeah being sick sometimes changes your perspective on things... glad you're gonna be A-OK

=D

JMW Jewelry said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! That sounds dreadful, whatever it is. I've had mysterious illnesses, too, and it's amazing that doctors often just "don't know".

MelissasMelange said...

Glad to see you back and to hear that you are feeling better. I hope you got lots of rest and return to 100% soon.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin