Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My First Paid Ad

After much consideration and being given a special offer,I decided to purchase my first paid ad on the Poshavenue. So far I have done very little promotion outside Etsy, because I was not sure where to promote. A few months ago, my jewelry was featured on Poshmama, a site I had never heard of at the time.I thought that was going to be it--another website featured me, and I would move on. But last week, I received an email from the founder of Poshmama, offering me a special price to advertise with them -- gosh, without that offer there is no way I can do the ad.(Even though with that deal I still had to pay quite a bit)
I didn't know if this will work for me, but I decided to try.It was another scary thing I had to do owning my business -- taking a risk. It felt like I just handed someone my precious money for free, and I don't know if I will get my money back.But I did it anyway.
Then, I had to submit a banner for the ad, which meant I had to make a banner with my crappy photos and graphic design skills.I spent a few hours this afternoon picking out a picture and editing it.Fortunately, the result wasn't too bad.
Check out this page.Can you find me here? ---






.....I'm that red dot there, it's like shouting "Merry X'mas!" :)

2 comments:

ching said...

yes! :)
i can see you the shinning one :)

Meekiyu said...

lolol very eye catching! The photo and pick are great =P

Blog Widget by LinkWithin