Monday, June 2, 2008

one week into a full-time crafter's life

Just 11 more days and I will be moving.I have not started packing yet.It is not that I don't want to.I simply have too many things to do other than packing. It has been 7 days since I quit my day job, but I still had to work overtime(over 50 hours this week) to catch up with orders.My website slowed down a little for a few days, but today I had been very busy trying to make new designs for my first jewelry party on Wednesday(6/4). Then I have to go to my first bead show on Thursday to purchase supplies.After coming back on Sunday, I have 5 full days to pack, and that will be it.

I am extremely glad everything happened at such perfect timing.I know I am ready for my new life, but I still feel nervous.There are moments when I would feel empty or insecure, because I am now free and my future is unknown. I am doing pretty well now, but I may not tomorrow. I know there will be ups and downs and I cannot control it. I know there will be exciting things as well as difficult situations. I have thought these through and have been preparing myself for the past two years, and now it is happening. Everything feels so real yet so much like a dream.For most parts I feel pretty grounded because half of my job is pretty repetitive -- checking order status, printing out shipping labels, listing items..etc. And yes, for most parts I feel happy.

1 comment:

Yoyo said...

My mom has been asking about you everytime we talked on the phone. I meant to email you a while ago, but I am so burned out between my two internships that I crush into the sofa as soon as I get home. And yap that's the end of my day! So how's everything? How's life? How's my cookies? Did you like them? I read some of your blogs and think everything is going well with you. Let me know if I can do anything to help your business, I will be very glad to help :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin