Wednesday, May 14, 2008

leaving..

I stayed up late last night and got up early to catch up with the orders. It's now one month before I finish my position as a piano teacher to do jewelry full time, I'm very tired but also excited.They are so many things I want to write about, and so many new designs that I have not had time to work on, but very soon I will have my full freedom again as an artist.I'm trying to keep teaching until the date I promised my students' parents, but with the high sales volume on my website, I hardly have anytime for myself, and I have been working 7 days a week for three weeks straight.
It is now very clear that jewelry making/selling is becoming more stable and fulfilling for me than teaching the piano, and I know my students' parents understand it, but the sense of responsibility plus the sentiment of leaving my students (who probably will forget me in a few years anyway) stop me from telling the parents I need to stop teaching now -- not next week, not two weeks later, and not in June.
I'm starting to worry that I may cry in front of those little kids during the last lesson. Silly me.The truth is I never forgot my piano teachers, even though I never contacted them anymore after I stopped taking lessons from them.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin