Sunday, March 9, 2008

those strange moments in life..



Two days ago,I held a recital for my piano students at a local church.When the recital finished,I received bouquets from two of my students.I was more than surprised.I have been teaching the piano for three years,but this is the first time I received flowers from my students.I'm not sure what to think about it. I suppose I have always tried very hard to help their piano studies, but at the meantime I have also known teaching the piano is not something I want to do for life. I wonder if these children knew their teacher had been thinking about leaving them to pursue an artistic career when they handed her the flowers?

I have been told by many people that I have just the right personality traits to be a teacher,but for some reason teaching has always been the last thing I wanted to do in my life. I have been doing the last thing I wanted to do in my life for three years. I cannot say I did not learn immensely through my teaching experience, but as time goes by my yearning to be a full-time artist only grows stronger.

2 comments:

Sky said...

These bouquets are really beautiful. No matter you are teaching or not, you are always my artistic sis.

mu-yin jewelry said...

ha! a good camera really helps, doesn't it? did you notice those roses are in purple?They dyed the whole bouquet into purple,how interesting!
I suppose only through doing things you don't like will you realize what you really like.Teaching does help me to improve my English and gain some confidence, and also stabilized my finance, so I know it's a necessary part of my journey.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin